Higos Insurance Services Ltd is one of the UK's leading and most respected insurance brokers.
The company is based in Somerton in Somerset plus an increasing number of branch locations throughout the South West. We now employ over 300 people across 22 locations.
Staff training and career development have always been at the core of the Higos culture. Our commitment to quality and service through the training of our staff is demonstrated by the following:
- Higos has one of the highest levels of qualified staff in the broking market with over 75% of the workforce having achieved or working towards a nationally recognised Insurance qualification. All of our senior staff are working towards their Diploma in Insurance Practice. Our pass rate for the Certificate in Insurance exams is 89% compared to the industry average of 70%
- Our staff have won a number of prestigious industry awards, including Caroline Webster (2012) and Kate Reilly (2008) being named the BIBA National Young Broker of the Year.
- We were reaccredited with the Investor in People Standard in May 2014
- We have been finalists in the 'Your People' category at the Western Gazette Business Awards in 2011 and 2012.
- We were Highly Commended for the Investor in People award at the UK Broker Awards 2006, as well as winning the Private Clients Service award
- We won the Training Award at the British Insurance Awards 2006
- As recognition of our support towards modern apprenticeships, we were awarded with 'Employer of the Year' by the Learning and Skills Council in both 2004 and 2005, and presented with a Highly Commended Status by the judges
We were named Somerset Business of the Year in 2009
We pride ourselves on the fact that each member of staff is fully trained and knowledgeable within their job. It is a compulsory requirement that all our employees achieve their Certificate of Insurance within a 2 year period. We have a very strong commitment to training and qualification as a source of business quality which means we can assure our clients their account is being managed by a fully competent and professional team.
In June 2013 Higos launched a Graduate Scheme, designed specifically for university leavers who wished to pursue a career in insurance broking.'
If you are interested in joining Higos, click here to view our list of current vacancies.