At Higos we understand your farm is not only your business, but your livelihood. We also know that no two are the same which is why we tailor cover to match your individual requirements, giving you peace of mind you are properly protected.
Whether you are an arable farmer, a dairy farmer with livestock to protect or wish to simply make sure your machinery and buildings are properly insured, we can tailor cover to match your exact requirements. We may even save you money by making sure you are not paying for cover you do not need.
We offer all of our clients a fully advised, personal service with our local team of experts based throughout the South West and we are committed to making sure you have the right cover in place.
At Higos we can provide a wide range of cover, conveniently placed under one roof;
- Farm Buildings and contents (including produce and deadstock)
- Private home and contents (including properties let to workers)
- Farm Motor fleet
- Employer’s Liability
- Public and Products Liability
- Goods in Transit
- Livestock – including a range of disease covers, and whilst in transit
- Fatal injury to livestock
- Worrying of livestock
- Pollution / environmental cover
- All risks for both personal and commercial items
- Engineering Inspection – a legal requirement for lifting and pressure equipment
- Business Interruption
- Personal Accident and Illness – for you and your employees
- Legal Expenses
We can also protect your diversifications, such as;
Our service is all backed up by our in house commercial claims team, who will help to get you back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Renewable energy
- Agricultural contracting
- Camping / caravan sites
- Holiday lets
- Farm Shops
- Equestrian related activities
For further information or to obtain a quotation, please contact us today on 01458 270410 or email email@example.com
How we've helped our clientsarrow
1. Bad weather - When the weather forecast predicted bad weather was on the way we rang all of our clients who we know are dairy farmers and advised that they could add Uncollected Milk cover on to their policy. This meant, should snow and ice prevent the lorry driver from arriving at their farm, they had cover in place to compensate for their loss. A separate policy add-on is also available for the Contamination of Milk, providing cover for your own milk should this be contaminated by antibiotics.
2. Local arson attacks - A spate of arson attacks on farms locally prompted us to contact our clients to check their sums insured were sufficient and to advise on any additional covers they may need.
3. Rural crime - Over recent years crime in rural areas has increased greatly, in particular theft. Whenever we speak with our clients we not only make sure the sums insured are sufficient to meet their needs, but also we also discuss precautions that can be taken to lessen the risk.
4. Worrying of livestock by dogs - The media, in particular social media, has picked up on the increasing risks of the worrying of livestock recently. Our experts are aware of these risks for farmers. We do not only advise our clients on the cover available, but again will discuss precautions that can be put into place to lessen the risks and could be seen by insurers as a positive risk feature.