Tel: 01749 834 500 Contact us for a quote
  • Thatch Insurancearrow

    At Higos our specialist thatch team will look after all your insurance needs, providing excellent levels of cover at a competitive price.

    Our team of professionally qualified thatch advisers have many years’ experience looking after thatched properties.
    We cater for all types of risk, including your main home, second home, holiday home, holiday let, long-term let and unoccupied property.

    To talk to one of our experienced thatch insurance experts call us today on
    01458 270 352

    Our thatch insurance scheme with Pen Underwriting is made up of a consortium of Ageas and RSA - two of the UK's leading thatch insurers – which include a fully funded chimney survey and fire risk assessment if the chimney is used to burn solid fuel.
    In addition to our scheme, Higos has access to a number of other markets and will look to meet your requirements with the most suitable insurance provider from our panel of thatched property insurers.

    If you would like to complete a needs statement and send it back to us you can download a PDF by clicking here or a Word document by clicking here.

    For further information please call out thatch team on 01458 270 352 or email

    Alternatively, you can visit the thatch team at our Somerton office.

    Read our thatch blog here


  • Assessing your requirements - sums insuredarrow

    It is vital that your sums insured for both buildings and contents are accurate and sufficient to cover you in the event of a claim.

    Please use our household inventory which can be downloaded by clicking here, to help assess your contents insurance requirements.

    You should always seek professional advice when calculating a rebuilding cost for your property.


  • Helpful websites for a thatched property ownerarrow

    Fires in Thatched Properties -

    Chimney Survey & Fire Risk Assessment -

    HETAS – fires in Thatched Properties -

    Competent Person Register -