Training & Awards
Staff training and career development has always been at the core of the Higos culture. The success of the company is very much related to our commitment to quality and service via staff training.
Higos staff are supported by our in-house training team to gain professional qualifications so that they are able to offer the best advice to our customers. It is a compulsory requirement that all staff achieve a minimum of the Certificate of Insurance within two years of joining.
We have the highest level of qualified staff in the broking market with over 75% of the workforce having achieved or working towards a nationally recognised insurance qualification. Our pass rate for the Certificate in Insurance is 89% compared to an industry average of 70%.
We employ over 200 people across a number of different locations. We are committed to remaining a UK based company. Our commitment to quality and service through the training of our staff is highlighted by the following:
- Higos has one of the highest levels of qualified staff in the broking market with over 75% of the workforce having achieved or working towards a nationally recognised Insurance qualification. All of our senior staff are working towards their Diploma in Insurance Practice. Our pass rate for the Certificate in Insurance exams is 89% compared to the industry average of 70%
- Our staff have won a number of prestigious industry awards, including Caroline Webster (2012) and Kate Reilly (2008) being named the BIBA National Young Broker of the Year.
- We were reaccredited with the Investor in People Standard in May 2011
- We have been finalists in the 'Your People' category at the Western Gazette Business Awards in 2011 and 2012.
- We were Highly Commended for the Investor in People award at the UK Broker Awards 2006, as well as winning the Private Clients Service award
- We won the Training Award at the British Insurance Awards 2006
- As recognition of our support towards modern apprenticeships, we were awarded with 'Employer of the Year' by the Learning and Skills Council in both 2004 and 2005, and presented with a Highly Commended Status by the judges
- We were named Somerset Business of the Year in 2009
- If you are interested in joining Higos, click here to view our list of current vacancies.