Because we know your farm is your livelihood. At Higos we know that no two farms are the same. So, whether you’re a tenant or owner, arable farmer or a dairy farmer with livestock to protect, or simply wish to make sure your machinery and buildings are properly insured, we can tailor cover to match your exact requirements.
Our farming cover includes
As well as being able to insure your general commercial risks (such as buildings, contents and liability), we can cover risks specific to your business, such as:
- Farm Buildings and contents (including produce and deadstock)
- Private home and contents (including properties let to workers)
- Farm Motor fleet
- Employer’s Liability
- Public and Products Liability
- Goods in Transit
- Livestock – including a range of disease covers, and whilst in transit
- Fatal injury to livestock
- Worrying of livestock
- Pollution / environmental cover
- All risks for both personal and commercial items
- Engineering Inspection – a legal requirement for lifting and pressure equipment
- Business Interruption
- Personal Accident and Illness – for you and your employees
- Legal Expenses.
From small holdings to larger, more complex operations, we offer all our clients a fully advised, personal service. And with our local team of experts based throughout the South West we’re committed to making sure you have the right cover in place.
As well as cover for your core farming business we can also protect any diversifications you may have, such as:
- Renewable energy
- Agricultural contracting
- Camping / caravan sites
- Holiday lets
- Farm Shops
- Equestrian related activities
We’ve developed excellent relationships with over 280 insurers, from AXA to Zurich, as well as exclusive niche insurers with multiple discounts available that could save you money.
Exceptional claims management when you need it most
Should the unexpected happen, and you need to make a claim, our personal claims advisors will be on hand to help with any immediate assistance you need, get your claim settled quickly and smoothly and recover your losses. So you can keep your business running with the minimum of disruption.
For bespoke advice, award-winning underwriting and exceptional claims management for the farming industry, it has to be Higos.