Professional Indemnity Insurance

If you’re a business or professional that’s offering direct services or giving advice, you can face a wide range of risks depending on what you do. That’s why we don’t try and sell you a ‘one size fits all’ solution, instead we provide cover that’s as individual as your business.


What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?

A typical Professional Indemnity Insurance policy will provide cover for you against a financial loss arising from any claims for breach of duty, which may be made by your clients. And as general rule, regulated professional bodies require their members to take out Professional Indemnity Insurance cover as a compulsory insurance.


Who needs it?

Historically, mainstream professions such as Architects, Accountants, Solicitors, Surveyors and Engineers were regarded as ‘professionals’. But today, any person or business who offers specialist advice can be regarded as a professional.

At Higos we have a history of providing professional indemnity insurance to a wide range of professions including:

  • Accountants
  • Architects & Associated Professions
  • Engineers
  • IFAs
  • Surveyors & Estate Agents
  • Solicitors
  • Safety Advisors
  • Advertising Agencies
  • Design and Construct
  • Technology Risks
  • Other Professionals

We get to know you and your business

Our experienced, knowledgeable Professional Risks team will get to know you, your business, the services you offer and the risks you face.  It’s especially important to buy Professional Risks cover if you operate a business abroad or with overseas exposure (as well as in the UK), particularly the USA.

We’ve developed excellent relationships with a wide panel of insurers, from AXA to Zurich, as well as exclusive niche insurers. Depending on the risk, we can usually obtain terms within 24 hours.

For independent advice or a quotation for your business call 01454 285 256

Contact us

Exceptional claims management when you need it most

Should the unexpected happen, and you need to make a claim, our personal claims advisors will be on hand to help with any immediate assistance you need, get your claim settled quickly and smoothly and recover your losses. So you can keep your business running with the minimum of disruption.

For bespoke advice, award-winning underwriting and exceptional claims management, it has to be Higos.


For independent advice or a quotation for your business

Contact us