April Covid-19 Renewing Your Travel Insurance Update.
Higos Insurance Travel Insurance -April
On March 17th, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) announced that they are advising against all non-essential travel, worldwide, for the next 30 days.
Higos have reviewed our stance on the current Covid 19 pandemic for obtaining new and renewing travel insurance policies.
At this time Higos will remain unchanged and are currently unable to issue any new or renew any travel insurance policies.
We are monitoring this closely and we will update our customers and continue to keep them updated as things change.
Existing Customers currently abroad - ALL insurers
- You MUST check the FCO website for updates and follow their advice www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- If advised to leave the country or require assistance you should contact your Insurers Emergency Assistance Line.
- If you return home early, for whatever reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of insurance premium.
Coronavirus cover on existing single trip/AMT policies
- For all trips booked or insurance policies taken out prior to 12 March 2020, cover is as offered in the policy wording.
- For any trips booked or policies incepted after this date there is no longer any cover under policies for any claims caused by or resulting from the Coronavirus disease.
Where an existing policyholder has an Annual travel policy with a trip booked beyond the expiry date of their current policy we shall be looking to provide a single trip policy to cover that holiday. Most insurers have indicated that if an existing annual travel policyholder who has booked holidays beyond the expiry date of their current policy will be covered in respect of those future holidays. This will be done through the issuance of single trip policies covering these specific holidays.
We understand these are unprecedented times and would like to reassure our clients we are here to help with any queries or concerns you may have.
Please visit our branch finder for contact details https://www.higos.co.uk/contact-us/
For more information on how we can protect your business