How To Insure A Home Under Renovation
Do I Need Home Insurance For Home Renovations?
At Higos, we understand renovating your property is an exciting time. Nonetheless the associated risks of the unexpected happening to your home and contents can increase substantially during any renovation works. Additionally if you’re having structural, internal or major renovations to your property, you may not necessarily be covered by a standard home insurance policy. That’s why, we recommend our bespoke Home Works Insurance policy so you can have full peace of mind that you’re fully protected.
What Is Home Renovation Insurance?
Home Renovations Insurance helps to protect your property against the added risks that comes with any structural, internal and major renovations that are carried out at your home.
What Are The Different Types Of Home Renovations And Extensions?
- Loft conversions
- Single storey
- Multi- storey
- Whole property renovation
- Basement conversion
- Garage conversion
- Kitchen and bathroom remodelling
What Does Home Renovation Insurance Cover?
Our Home Works Insurance can help provide a variety of cover including:
- Theft (including personal possessions and building materials, tools and equipment kept at the property)
- Contract works
- Property owners liability
- Employers liability
- Personal accident
- Accidental damage to buildings and contents (Including damage to the new building, existing structure and to neighbouring properties)
What Are The Main Risks Imposed By Home Renovations?
- Removal of doors, windows and roofs,
- Delivery of plant and machinery,
- An increased number of individuals with access to the property,
- The application of heat during the works,