How To Prepare Your Home For Autumn
At Higos, we understand exactly what your home means to you. We also know the importance in taking the time to maintain your home all year long and help to avoid common issues that could arise. As darker nights draw in and we head into autumn with colder and wetter weather, a seasonal to do list will help to keep on top of the most common problems for your home before winter.
Autumn Home Maintenance Tips
We’ve put together an autumn home maintenance checklist so you can keep on top of things over the season. These can include:
- Prep gardens (cutting grass and raking leaves)
- Bleed radiators
- Chimney swept
- Test smoke alarms
- Check insulation
- Check security lights
- Service boiler
- Check boiler pressure
- Check for any water leaks
- Check pipes for blockages
- Seal window and wall cracks
- Clean mould prone areas
- Check roof for missing or loose tiles
- Check driveways for cracks
- Check exterior pipes are securely fastened in place to the wall
- Clean drains and clear gutters from any debris and leaf build ups
- Repair leaking gutters and down pipes so the water drains properly (this can cause damage to walkways and property foundations)
Security Home Maintenance Tips
- Lock ladders away so that they can’t be used to gain access to any upstairs floors.
- Use timed lighting to deter burglars when you are away from home
- Check all door and window locks are working properly.
- Hide keys so that they're not visible and out of reach.
- Securely bolt or padlock side and back gates.
- Fit a good quality lock on any sheds, garages or other outbuildings
Review Your Policy: Whilst preparing your home for autumn its important to review your home insurance policy, so you can ensure you’re covered for the most common autumn claims.
Bespoke Home & Contents Insurance
At Higos, we understand exactly what your contents mean to you and there’s nothing we love more than finding you the right insurance so you can be confident you're thoroughly protected. That’s why we’ve built a friendly, expert Contents Insurance team to provide bespoke, specialist insurance cover, specifically tailored to you.
If the unexpected should happen, we have a friendly in-house claims team ready to provide a prompt and personal service.
If you’re interested in speaking to a chartered insurance broker for advice or a quotation for contents insurance get in contact with us at Higos. Alternatively fill out our online request a call-back form and a member from our specialist home insurance team will call you back.